Tuesday, December 20, 2005

eyes as light as Hawaiian water



A scream would come to be one of the idiosyncracies that caused physical and emotional chemistry. I first noticed it when we hiked to a secluded and private San Diego beach. Huge clouds loomed above and we were sprayed with fresh water from above and salt water below. We maneuvered around the extruded fence and as a rock slipped, she let it out- a slightly high-pitched, giggly scream. Neither loud nor obnoxious. Although, "scream" is not a good word for her sound. My words cannot accurately describe it, but to me, it was attractive and strangely comforting. She was not hiding or holding back. She was showing me herself. She was not like the others. When one of the others burned a duraflame log she demanded to stop it. To stop burning the plastic.

She is different. She is someone I tell my secrets to.

This beautiful girl. She is optimistic and happy to be here. Happy to be alive and happy to have me. She expects nothing besides my genuineness. She does not care what kind of car I drive, only that I pick her up when I say I will. She is always there when she says she will be. She does not like fancy restaurants or fancy drinks. She drinks beer but does not smoke. She wears makeup for just me and often does not wear makeup when we go out. She likes my friends and I like hers.

We jog in Balboa Park. We take walks to nowhere. Her accent makes me smile and when I smile, she kisses my dimple. I kiss hers back.

I taste her and smell her in my dreams. I often think of the words from her language that she taught me. Words like "mooshy".

We are careful not to smother each other but the more I know her, the more time I want to spend with her. There is no one I would rather spend time with on any given day. I sing her songs and think of ways to surprise her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home